Fundación Amistad’s stated goal of strengthening the ties between the people of the United States and the people of Cuba can only be achieved through the generosity of people like yourself.
- $100 will provide basic medicines for 5 children with cancer.
- $250 will supply clothing, books and toys for 10 children with cancer.
- $500 will purchase wheel chairs and other medical supplies for 5 elderly individuals.
- $1,000 will underwrite the cost of supplies to fit and treat 25 patients as our volunteer experts deliver training workshops to Cuban doctors as part of our Prosthetics Project.
- $2,500 will help equip 40 additional patients with prosthetics, transforming their lives forever.
Our Professional Volunteering Recruitment Scheme encourages professionals to lend their time, knowledge and experience to our projects in needs of such skills-base. Depending on their interests and aptitudes, our volunteers are placed within suitable organizations to perform the role of advisor; trainer, make studies or researches; improve projects; evaluation projects; implementation project assistant or committee member, etc.
FA provides short-term training and technical assistance in response to requests from our partners overseas. Expert volunteer consultants are recruited from around US to meet these needs. Volunteer candidates are screened by the host agency to ensure an appropriate match. FA in collaboration with the host agency covers volunteer travel expenses and provides logistical support.
If you are interested in volunteering with FA, send us your contact information and a description of your skills and field(s) of expertise using our contact form here. We will enter your information into our Skills Bank and, should we receive a request for skills such as yours, we will be in touch.
Thank you very much!
Interning opportunity for graduate students and upper level undergraduates offers two individuals to gain international internship experience working with international partners and communities in the followings fields: Heritage preservation, Urban and architecture of Hispanic America historical areas; Urban and architecture researches, Hispanic America historic districts; revitalization projects; Hispanic America and Cuban fine arts; Educational Exchanges; Humanitarian Aids projects, etc.
Fundacion Amistad will host a Research Focused Intern (Internal link to see scopes of work) to work directly on American and Cuban international projects as well as to provide support for our legislative advocacy. A second Outreach and Communications Intern (Internal link to see scopes of work) will gain experience on our digital outreach campaign, working work with FA international website, monthly and annual publications as well as expanding Fundacion Amistad’s social networking portfolio.
Candidates for these competitive intern positions must be able to work in a professional an office environment. Please submit an essay detailing your interest in international development and what they wish to learn and accomplish if selected as Fundacion Amistad Intern to info@ fundacionamistad.org All positions are unpaid however; Fundacion Amistad will support candidate’s effort to receive college credit as appropriate.
Example of Scope of work:
To assistant staff in researching various subject areas for example:
- Predominant professional fields and skills sets within potential FA’s collaborators.
- Contact info for key individuals, organizations and Institutions.
- Contact Info for agencies, Institutions, personalities.
- Prominent national volunteer organization comparing and contrasting their approaches
The Internships will take during the fall, spring and summer semesters and last for approximately one semester. The student needs to be able to specify the days and hours to which he or she can commit. Student must make FA aware of any documentation need for the student to receive academic credit.